Cement plaster is applied to the interior walls as well as exterior surfaces to make the surface smooth.
The cement based plasters are mostly made with a mix of Portland cement, water, plaster, and sand. Sometimes a final layer of gypsum plaster is
applied to the cement plaster.
Talking about the types of cement based plasters, here are some of them.
- Portland slag cement
- Portland Pozzolan cement
- Ternary blended cement
- Limestone cement
Let us take a look at the benefits of cement based plasters.
- It is weather resistant
- Can be used as a non shrinking material for application
- You get a smooth surface on walls with better details
- There are no issues like cracks, bleeding, etc
- Gives high strength to the constructed walls
- Supports heavy loads, used in high rise buildings
Cement Based Plasters - Usage & Application
- To give water tightness to the building structure
- Used for laying concrete floors, roofs, lintels, beams, pillars, etc
- Best for the protection of surfaces exposed to extreme weather, rains, windy atmosphere, pollution, etc
- Fencing posts, pipes manufacturing use cement plaster
- Bridges construction, dams, tunnels use cement based plaster to give them strength